Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Honors and Benefits Already...

I won an award. Thank you.



The first, shown above was given to me by Megan Conway. Thank you, Megan.To accept this award, I am required to do a couple things:
  1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
  2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
  3. Pass the award along to 5 new-found blogging buddies.
  4. Contact the winners to congratulate them.
Since the facts about me need to be random, I'm going to do just that. Voila, seven random facts about me:
  1. I love movies. Even more, I love the characters in movies. My children are all named after memorable movie characters. Weird? Not at all. Their names are really cool.
  2. I speak French. Not just a little and not high school French (I never took French in High School). I'm fluent. Although my accent is gone from years without practice, I still speak rather easily. Sometimes, I even dream in French, which is fantastic. I learned the language while living in Paris (and a couple small french towns) for a couple of years. Want to know more? Check out this post:
  3. I'm scared of skunks. That's right. When I was three, I saw a cat in the garden and decided to go say hello. It wasn't a cat...and it wasn't friendly. Scarred for life.
  4. I've learned that first impressions can be overcome. When I first met my wife, she thought I was weird. We'll celebrate 15 years of marriage in June. She still thinks I'm weird.
  5. I hate the cold. Give me heat and the sun. Ironically, On Fallen Wings takes place during winter. Brr, I'm shivering just thinking about it.
  6. I have Celiac Sprue. It sounds worse than it is, but I'm not supposed to eat gluten. When I do, I pay an awful price. Sucks.
  7. In 1997, when I was in London, people on the street laughed at me because I wore shorts. (They called them "short pants" and stopped to laugh and point.) I'm still angry and refused to attend the royal wedding because of it! Okay, I wasn't invited. But if I had been invited, I would have politely declined out of spite.
Now for my winners of the Stylish Blogger Award:
You'll find that all of my winners have insightful content and very different designs. Great style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello or add to the discussion.