Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

On Differences

There are people who don't like Star Wars. Gasp! The horror! How in the world can that be? Star Wars. Really? It's not possible. No Way! There is no freakin' way someone couldn't like Star Wars.

Yeah, there is.

It's all a matter of opinion.

As an artist (writer, in my case), my dream is that everyone would instantly fall in love with my creations. I have this vision in my head that angels would sing and people would dance in the street praising the latest words I put on page. (Okay, I exaggerate. But you get the point.) It's not reality, nor can it ever become such. The truth is, people have their opinions.

I for example, (please don't throw things at my blog) don't like the movie Les Miserables. Own it. Seen it. Don't like it. That doesn't mean the actors are bad, or that the singing is horrible. It just means that I'm not a fan. I am; however, a big fan of Victor Hugo. I studied him a lot while I was in France and used some of his passages to advance my skills in French. And it doesn't mean I don't like musicals. I just don't like that one.

One of the fantastic elements about life is the fact that we're all different. Because of these differences, colorful ideas and creations intertwine and flow among us to create the universe. We perceive the world through senses built on experience and taste. If we were all the same, we'd all wear the same clothes, listen to the same music, and (gasp) write the same stories. And that would be boring.

So like what you like. Do what you do. And share what inspires you.

Happy Reading.

~ Jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello or add to the discussion.