I offer thanks to Cheryl Sonnier for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award. Her blog is called Off Wi' the Fairies. Like many of you, she’s an aspiring author. Please pay her a visit and say hello. Cheryl, thank you. You are very kind.
To accept this award, I’m required to do a few things.
I must list 7 random facts about myself. (This part is tough, so bear with me.)
I must pass the award on to 15 people.
Cheryl was kind enough to post 10 things about her on her blog, so I’m going to list 10 things about me. If you’re not completely bored after the first 7, I recommend sticking around for the last 3. :)
- My writing is heavily influenced by French literature. I moved to France shortly after developing a passion for writing. There, a good friend tutored me in French in return for English lessons while she prepared for the BAC. She introduced me to Baudelaire, Hugo, Dumas, and Voltaire. I was fascinated by the lyrical prose and marvelous use of description by all of these authors. To date, I still haven’t read Les Miserables in English. Why should I?
- My children are named after movie characters. No, I won’t tell you their names. If I list the movies, you’ll be able to guess the names rather easily.
- I don’t like peanut butter much. Weird, huh?
- I’m shy. Many people say that, but really, I am. With a wife, 5 kids, a full time job, and a writing passion, I don’t get out much. It’s a choice, really. I’m scared to meet people, though I enjoy it afterwards. Some of you I met at a writers conference in May—did you know that stepping out of my car to go in was one of the scariest things I’ve ever done? I even get a little queasy interacting online, so please be nice.
- When I first discovered writing in High School, I borrowed an old typewriter from my friend’s mom and copied all my poems—with the plan to make a book from them. One day, my emotions got the best of me and I destroyed everything. I only have a few regrets in life—that moment is one of them. Teenage angst is nothing to mess with, people!
- I’m scared of horror movies, and horror books freak me out. I used to love that stuff—but not anymore. If you read my 200 word flash fiction for the Write Campaign, you probably don’t believe me. Did you know I still have nightmares from that little creation? I keep thinking there’s a zombie in the closet.
- I don’t like being in photos, so I hide from cameras. The picture I use for my profile was taken in Switzerland in 1997. Here’s the original—in color. By the way, I’m not a natural redhead!
- ON FALLEN WINGS is the first book in a series I’m working on. The plan is for six books. I’m editing book two, FROM RISING FLAMES and have a rough outline for book three. I’ll fine-tune that outline in December and start writing in January. I have extensive notes already for books four and five, with the finale in book six plotted.
- I haven’t decided if the series will have a name or not. If it does, it will be called STONE PORTALS.
- This Friday, September 23rd, I’ll make a major announcement about ON FALLEN WINGS on my Facebook author page. Thanks for sticking around for all ten facts.
The rules to accept this award are simple:
Share 1 interesting fact about yourself on your blog.
Thank one of your fantastic blog followers.
That's it. Easy. This award goes to a young writer in Canada. She was one of the first to discover my blog and deserves your attention. Please congratulate Megan Conway! Now, go check out her blog. She's a hard working writer and shows a lot of promise.
Megan, feel free to post this image and share it as you wish. Thank you for being a great blog follower.